Free access to JSTOR online journals
For the first time, King’s is now able to offer Alumni Online members access to a huge range of online academic work free of charge.
JSTOR is a high-quality, interdisciplinary archive of scholarship, actively preserving over one thousand academic journals in both digital and print formats. Its aim is to greatly expand access to scholarly works and other materials needed for research and teaching globally.
To gain access to a range of JSTOR journals, please log in to Alumni Online or register to become a member ('new user registration' link). Please allow three working days for us to process your application, after which you can log on and register for JSTOR.
King’s subscription to JSTOR covers a wide range of collections and journal titles. Collections include: 19th Century British Pamphlets, Arts & Sciences I-XI, Business I & II, Ireland, Language & Literature, Music and Life Sciences. More collections will be added in the new academic year. King’s also subscribes to a number of individual journal titles, a list of which is included below.
- The American Biology Teacher
- The American Historical Review
- American Journal of Archaeology
- The American Journal of Psychology
- American Journal of Sociology
- Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology
- International Legal Materials
- Journal of British Studies
- Journal of Consumer Research
- The Journal of Geology
- The Journal of Modern History
- The Modern Language Review
- Music Perception: An Interdisciplinary Journal
- New Criminal Law Review: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal
- Portuguese Studies
- Proceedings of the Annual Meeting (American Society of International Law)
- Social Problems
- Victorian Studies
- The Yearbook of English Studies
More collections will be added in the new academic year.
You can also read more about JSTOR on their website.
Don’t forget that alumni also have special access to our libraries.